Kelumac Christmas Tree Farm & Farm Stay
Because of other farm operations, these tours can only be conducted on Tuesday and Wednesday of each week. Tours must also be by confirmed reservation with a 50% deposit made by credit card or by check 2 weeks prior to tour unless other arrangements have been made. An invoice will be sent to you by an email with total amount.
Confirmed reservation will be by email with a follow up by a phone call from us. We request that you call us 3 to 5 days prior to your arrival.
Call Us or Email us for Tour Dates available:
Tel.:979-279-3931 or text 979-218-9668 Email:email@example.com
Arrival times for each group each day: 1st group 9:30- 10:00 am 2nd group 1:15 - 1:45 pm
1. Groups must arrive between 9:30- 10:00 am for the morning tour and noon to 1:00 - 1:30 pm for the afternoon tour. We allow 2 hours for each group
2. A charge of 6.00 per child must be paid by the group leader prior to arrival at the farm. Teachers, Assistant teachers and the bus drivers are free. Parents are $3.00 each are $5.00 for both parents.
3. Each group must have at least one adult per eight children and must accompany the children. .
4. If it rains or is extremely cold, all tours will be cancelled and rescheduled if possible. If weather is in question, please call the farm at 979 279-3931 or979-218-9668.
5. If lunch is to be eaten at the farm, each group may bring their own food and drink and can use the outside picnic tables in the picnic area.
Educational Topics Covered
Topics to be covered include the following and will be varied and expanded if necessary to the age level of the children and their interests:
1. Critters of Kelumac including snakes and why they love a Christmas tree farm.
2. How a Christmas tree grows from seeds in pine cones, to seedlings and finally the care we take for it to become a beautiful Christmas tree.
3. The purpose of the roots, trunk and needles of a Christmas tree.
4. How a real Christmas tree creates oxygen for all to breath.
5. Why a real Christmas tree is good for reducing Global Warming.
6. Answer questions from students, teachers or chaperones
School Tour Schedule
1. Your group will be greeted on arrival and advised on the days activities. During this time, the teacher/group leader will make payment for all children. We do not collect from individual students since this will delay the activities for all. Please advise Parents after there arrival fee is due.
2. Chaperones and teachers must be with all groups at all times. No children to go into the woods without the accompany of an adult.
4. Tour/discussion will be a walking and will include going around the Christmas tree field, planting of a Real tree seedling or potted Christmas Tree.
5. Recommended activity-Feed the fish at the picnic area pond
6. Cut their classroom or School Christmas tree (Additional cost)